- OVERVIEW AND WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- AREAS COVERED AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- WHO WILL BENEFIT
There are many Standards and Best Practices, from FFIEC to ISO requirements. I will cover the best practices for Auditing a Business Continuity Plan. I will cover the lifecycle of a BCP program, with specific emphasis on the following areas:
• Health Risk Assessment and Impact Analysis
• Designing a living BCP
• Testing & Maintenance
why should you attend
Understand what’s involved in a full Business Continuity Audit Program (for those that are unfamiliar):
• Provide insights based upon field experience that can be applied to Internal Audit work and BCP program work
• Provide you with tools that you can bring back to your company to improve upon BCP programs
• Improve ability to audit BCP programs and provide targeted recommendations
Successful business continuity planning
• Involves the entire organization
• Requires clear and consistent communication
• Encompasses how employees will communicate, where they will go and how they will keep doing their jobs
• Prepares the organization for disruptive events. Why is a BCP Important?
• 61% of companies surveyed had to invoke their BCP
• 43% had to invoke it more than once
• Key Causes: Natural Disaster, Power Outage, IT Failure, Flood, Fire, Telecom Failure, Utility Outage, Pandemic
• What were the top 3 lessons learned from invocation? (1) There had not been enough training and awareness efforts across the company: 48% (2) Plans didn’t adequately address emergency communications: 37% (3) Key staff had not been included in testing; as a result they did not know their roles and responsibilities in the plans: 25%
• Cyber attacks
• What should be included in a business continuity audit?
• Setting controls
• Which regulations and standards apply to business continuity audits?
• Examining evidence about the performance of activities
• Verifying measures to ensure continuity
• Evaluating quality vs. a general template
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Business Continuity Planners
• Compliance Professionals
• Chief Financial Officer
• Risk Managers
• Compliance Managers
Dr. Michael C. Redmond is Certified in ISO 22301, Business Continuity. Michael can best be found on internet searches under Ms. Michael C. Redmond, but it is actually Dr. Redmond, with a Dual Doctorate in Psychoneurology (Crisis Psychology) and Integrative Healing. In addition she has an MBA from Fordham University and an advanced Masters Program from American Institute of Banking in International Operations. Michael is a Certified Project Manager PMP, has two master certifications in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery MBCP and FBCI and is certified in Emergency Management. Michael served in the US Army with four years active duty and seventeen ½ years National Guard/Reserves.
She is a retired Major. Michael has consulted and spoken for clients in industries such as Banking, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Hospitals, Government Agencies, Colleges and Universities, Law Firms, and Media.
Michael combines two different fields:
1. Psychoneurology PhD, Doctor of Crisis Psychology
2. Continuity Management which includes: Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, and Project Management For eight years Michael was a SR Manger of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery/ Emergency Management and Security for Deloitte and KPMG.
She was with Chubb Services performing consulting for their clients for five years in the areas of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery/ Emergency Management. Michael branched out independently in consulting in 2005. She started her Coaching/Therapy Practice in 2002. She is an International Consultant, Speaker and Published Author.
Michael has a series of published CD's in Business Continuity, Cyber Security, COOP&COG (www.rwknowledge.com) as well as 45 professional development CD's in the form of meditation CD's (www.sfccds.com). The White House honored Michael at a Luncheon in 1992 as one of the Top Women in Her Field of Business Continuity. In 2000, when the UN produced a Millennium book on Disaster Recovery given to Head of State for every member country, Nelson Mandela and President Clinton endorsed the book. The UN selected Michael out of the entire world to write the introduction for the chapter on Risk Management. President of Chile requested Michael and the US made her a US Ambassador to Chile for a special project.
She traveled throughout Chile and spoke on Emergency Management/Continuity of Business. The past President of Nigeria personally honored her on stage when she came to Nigeria to train to over 60 Corporations and Government agencies on Continuity of Business. Last year BP Oil and Modec had Michael come to Angola Africa to Train over 50 partner firms to think outside of the box in their planning. Michael was the Key Note Speaker for the 2013 UN Event, Voices of African Mothers. She spoke as a Psychoneurologist about her new book, How To Be Happy and Master Your Work life Balance. Michael spoke on what the nine First Ladies from Central Africa who were in attendance could do to help mitigate feelings of PTSD throughout the war torn areas.View all trainings by this speaker
Financial Statement Fraud and Identifying Red Flags
Speaker: Kenneth BardenPrice: $199
Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader
Speaker: Chris DeVanyTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Logistics Channel Incoterms Standards
Speaker: Dr. Rossano V. GeraldTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Thank you for the spreadsheet webinar. The webinar was informative and helpful. Although many of the concepts are known and understood by Industrial and Process Engineers, it is always helpful to have a straightforward review. The spreadsheet will be beneficial in being able to help identify areas of risk and areas that may require some attention.
Benchmark Electronics , ******** Engineer
This was a very informative session, it did help my company by raising awareness in areas we lack policies. The only thing I would suggest get added to the session is direct information relating to Accounting, ex. Taxation rules for record retention as they are some records which a company is required to keep indefinitely.
First MCO, ***** Manager
Overall I found the video conference well organized and very informative. The presenter, Ronald Adler, was certainly extremely knowledgeable and presented the subject matter in a well organized, direct and succinct manner. Afford the attendee the ability to track and record paid attendance/activity without a lot of tracking and follow up in order to gather the necessary information required to record the CPEs earned and paid for.
Dynamic Marketing Systems, VP Finance & Human Resources
As this was our first experience, we did not know what to expect. I believe the webinar was informative and to the point, and explained to us the purpose of the I-9, and how the company can be affected by an audit. It really motivated us to review our files and bring them up to date.
Young Transportation, ****Coach****
I have participated in several webinars hosted by Compliance Global on various H&S topics. They are always precise, technologically-oriented, and easy to use and partake in to further my knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and topics.