- OVERVIEW AND WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- AREAS COVERED AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- WHO WILL BENEFIT
This webinar will show how to conduct a PROPER risk management assessment point by point and how to also avoid scams in the market. We will also be discussing the absolute importance of doing a risk assessment and that this is the first thing the OCR will ask for. This webinar will instruct the listeners on how to write proper policies and procedures which are to be based upon the findings of the risk assessment and how to word the policies to satisfy the Fed. We will also discuss the importance of having policies which are consistent with your procedures and also discuss the negative ramification of cookie cutter templates in the eyes of the Fed.
why should you attend
• Have your done a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
• Do you know a risk assessment is the first thing the Feds will ask for in an audit?
• Is your risk assessment adequate?
• Do you have written policies in place for every single one of the implementation specification of the HIPAA compliance rules (even ones that don’t apply), do you know this is required!
• NIST based Risk Assessment, how to conduct properly
• How to avoid scams in the market
• Risk assessment, is not a once and done, must be ongoing and typically annual
• Where to find templates for risk assessment
• How to write policies and procedures based on risk
• How to conduct a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
• Have written policies in place for every single one of the implementation specification of the HIPAA Security Rule
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Practice Managers
• MD’s and other Medical Professionals
• Compliance Directors
• Privacy/Security Officers
• CIO/Information Systems Managers
• HIPAA Officers
• Health Information Managers
• Healthcare Counsel/Lawyers
• Office Managers
• Contracts Managers
• Any Business Associates who work with medical practices or hospitals (i.e. billing companies, transcription companies, IT companies, answering services, home health, coders, attorneys, etc)
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years' experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting. Mr. Tuttle has worked all of those 15 years with MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions and is now Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with InGauge Healthcare Solutions (previously named MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions). Almost all of Brian's clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States.View all trainings by this speaker
Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader
Speaker: Chris DeVanyTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Logistics Channel Incoterms Standards
Speaker: Dr. Rossano V. GeraldTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Thank you for the spreadsheet webinar. The webinar was informative and helpful. Although many of the concepts are known and understood by Industrial and Process Engineers, it is always helpful to have a straightforward review. The spreadsheet will be beneficial in being able to help identify areas of risk and areas that may require some attention.
Benchmark Electronics , ******** Engineer
This was a very informative session, it did help my company by raising awareness in areas we lack policies. The only thing I would suggest get added to the session is direct information relating to Accounting, ex. Taxation rules for record retention as they are some records which a company is required to keep indefinitely.
First MCO, ***** Manager
Overall I found the video conference well organized and very informative. The presenter, Ronald Adler, was certainly extremely knowledgeable and presented the subject matter in a well organized, direct and succinct manner. Afford the attendee the ability to track and record paid attendance/activity without a lot of tracking and follow up in order to gather the necessary information required to record the CPEs earned and paid for.
Dynamic Marketing Systems, VP Finance & Human Resources
As this was our first experience, we did not know what to expect. I believe the webinar was informative and to the point, and explained to us the purpose of the I-9, and how the company can be affected by an audit. It really motivated us to review our files and bring them up to date.
Young Transportation, ****Coach****
I have participated in several webinars hosted by Compliance Global on various H&S topics. They are always precise, technologically-oriented, and easy to use and partake in to further my knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and topics.