This webinar will be addressing the major changes under the Omnibus Rule changes which give patients the right to sue under state law citing HIPAA. There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates under Omnibus. Several states have already set precedence for giving their citizens the right to sue under HIPAA laws, examples will be discussed as well as risk factors.
Why Should You Attend
• The Federal government is encouraging states to adopt laws to remedy patients for wrongful disclosures?
• What does this mean for covered entities and business associates?
• Why should you be concerned?
• Court cases that are changing the landscape of HIPAA and patient’s ability to sue
Areas Covered in this Webinar
• Updates for 2015
• Examples of court cases
• Frivolous law suits on the rise
• Business associates and the increased burden
• Risk factors
• Process for suing under HIPAA
Understanding risk factors and new laws as it relates wrongful disclosures of private health information.
Who Will Benefit
• Private Practice Doctors
• Billing Companies
• Transcriptions Companies
• Home Health Groups
• Health Insurance
• Ambulatory Services
• IT Companies
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years' experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting. Mr. Tuttle has worked all of those 15 years with MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions and is now Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with InGauge Healthcare Solutions (previously named MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions). Almost all of Brian's clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States.View all trainings by this speaker