- OVERVIEW AND WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- AREAS COVERED AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- WHO WILL BENEFIT
The IRS thinks Forms 1099 are important. They asked and Congress agreed to increase the failure to timely file and the failure to file a correct Information Return penalties for Information Forms.
Form 1099 Due Diligence – Those steps you must take if you want to request abatement of IRS Form 1099 penalties due to reasonable cause. Exercising due diligence, due care in following procedures saves time and money.
why should you attend
- Develop Good Procedures for Solicitation of W-9 Forms
- Develop Procedures for Review of Incoming W-9 Forms
- Determine When to Return Incorrect or Incomplete W-9 Forms
- Use IRS e-Services to Avoid TIN and Name Matching Problems
- Guidelines for Instituting Backup Withholding tax Procedures
- What to do When You Receive a Notice 2100/2100A
- Most Common 1099 Mistakes
- Current Responsibility of Income Tax Preparer as Well as Payer
- Compliance requirements of Payers
- W-9, first step to accurate Forms 1099
- Tips for Avoiding IRS B-Notices
- Tips for Avoiding Increased IRS Penalties
- Identifying Types of Payments Requiring 1099s
- Identifying Types of Entities Who Should Receive a 1099
- Developing Best Practices for Preparation of Forms 1099
- Potential Penalties for Payer and Tips to Avoid Penalties
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- CPA and Accounting Staff
- Enrolled Agent and Staff
- Attorney and Staff
- Bookkeeping Service Companies
- Corporate Accounts Payable Staff
- Non-Profit Accounting Staff
- Any Person or Department responsible for sending out Forms W-9 and Forms 1099
Pat Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, and information return reporting.View all trainings by this speaker
Writing Ethical, Focused and Credible Internal Audit Reports
Speaker: Philip VassalloPrice: $285
Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader
Speaker: Chris DeVanyTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Logistics Channel Incoterms Standards
Speaker: Dr. Rossano V. GeraldTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Thank you for the spreadsheet webinar. The webinar was informative and helpful. Although many of the concepts are known and understood by Industrial and Process Engineers, it is always helpful to have a straightforward review. The spreadsheet will be beneficial in being able to help identify areas of risk and areas that may require some attention.
Benchmark Electronics , ******** Engineer
This was a very informative session, it did help my company by raising awareness in areas we lack policies. The only thing I would suggest get added to the session is direct information relating to Accounting, ex. Taxation rules for record retention as they are some records which a company is required to keep indefinitely.
First MCO, ***** Manager
Overall I found the video conference well organized and very informative. The presenter, Ronald Adler, was certainly extremely knowledgeable and presented the subject matter in a well organized, direct and succinct manner. Afford the attendee the ability to track and record paid attendance/activity without a lot of tracking and follow up in order to gather the necessary information required to record the CPEs earned and paid for.
Dynamic Marketing Systems, VP Finance & Human Resources
As this was our first experience, we did not know what to expect. I believe the webinar was informative and to the point, and explained to us the purpose of the I-9, and how the company can be affected by an audit. It really motivated us to review our files and bring them up to date.
Young Transportation, ****Coach****
I have participated in several webinars hosted by Compliance Global on various H&S topics. They are always precise, technologically-oriented, and easy to use and partake in to further my knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and topics.