- OVERVIEW AND WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- AREAS COVERED AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- WHO WILL BENEFIT
This is the ideal webinar for anyone responsible for overseeing outgoing correspondence, paperwork, project proposals, and email throughout the course of the workday. You'll walk away with two tangible proofreading tools designed to make your job easier.
why should you attend
Any document, media kit, or email bearing your organization's insignia or name must be absolutely error free. Even a careless mistake in an email can damage a leader's reputation and can make an entire organization look bad. It's all about our attention to detail.
Proofreading is a skill anyone can learn and improve. Very few business professionals actually have ever been TAUGHT how to proofread. So join us if:
• You have ever forgotten to attach a document to an email
• You've had to resend that email two minutes later with an "Oops, here it is" message
• You've sent out mass correspondence with a big typo and didn't realize it until it was too late
• You've ever accidentally omitted the "l" when typing the word "public" and not caught it in time (happens more often than you would think)
• You've accidentally typed "form" instead of "from"
• Or "you" instead of "your"
• You've been guilty of taking texting short cuts in your business email writing, or you know someone who does
• You have a whopper of a proofreading blooper story of your own to tell
• You're starting to miss errors and omissions and other hard-to-catch mistakes
• How to make sure documents leave your office error free
• The "Newspaper Proof": A fail-safe three-step approach to proofreading
• The "Proofreader's Power Pack": Which tools and resources are indispensable to a proofreader
• How to proofread in a distracting office environment
• How to spot errors of omission
• Why you never should proofread directly from your computer screen
• How to catch the bloopers - before the bloopers catch you!
• Gain skills for proofreading under tight deadlines in distracting environments
• Save time proofreading your documents and messages
• Understand the tools and resources necessary for proof readers
• Overcome the tendency to proofread documents four or five times
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Chief Human Resource Officers
• Senior Management Teams
• HR Managers
• HR Directors
• HR Administrators
• Employment Managers
• Training Directors
Mandi Stanley With more than 19 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers. In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is the author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.View all trainings by this speaker
Financial Statement Fraud and Identifying Red Flags
Speaker: Kenneth BardenPrice: $199
Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader
Speaker: Chris DeVanyTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Logistics Channel Incoterms Standards
Speaker: Dr. Rossano V. GeraldTime: 01:00 PM EDT | 10:00 AM PDT
Location: New York
Thank you for the spreadsheet webinar. The webinar was informative and helpful. Although many of the concepts are known and understood by Industrial and Process Engineers, it is always helpful to have a straightforward review. The spreadsheet will be beneficial in being able to help identify areas of risk and areas that may require some attention.
Benchmark Electronics , ******** Engineer
This was a very informative session, it did help my company by raising awareness in areas we lack policies. The only thing I would suggest get added to the session is direct information relating to Accounting, ex. Taxation rules for record retention as they are some records which a company is required to keep indefinitely.
First MCO, ***** Manager
Overall I found the video conference well organized and very informative. The presenter, Ronald Adler, was certainly extremely knowledgeable and presented the subject matter in a well organized, direct and succinct manner. Afford the attendee the ability to track and record paid attendance/activity without a lot of tracking and follow up in order to gather the necessary information required to record the CPEs earned and paid for.
Dynamic Marketing Systems, VP Finance & Human Resources
As this was our first experience, we did not know what to expect. I believe the webinar was informative and to the point, and explained to us the purpose of the I-9, and how the company can be affected by an audit. It really motivated us to review our files and bring them up to date.
Young Transportation, ****Coach****
I have participated in several webinars hosted by Compliance Global on various H&S topics. They are always precise, technologically-oriented, and easy to use and partake in to further my knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and topics.